Hegewald & Peschke developed the new control system Calmar I for furniture and furniture component testing in accordance to various national and international standards. The test rigs equipped with this system are mainly used for production-accompanying tests.
This new Calmar I control system offers the following advantages:
· easy handling via a modern touch panel
· quick loading of preconfigured, standard-based and customer-specific test methods
· freely configurable testing procedures
· online visualisation of the tests
· variety of preconfigured control parameters for outstanding precision and control quality
· control or regulating concept available
· optional high-precision force and path control
· data collection and export opportunity (*.csv) on a PC
· easy log printing of the test results
In March, Hegewald & Peschke MPT GmbH delivered a double alternating bending test rig and a tilting test rig equipped with the new programmable logic control to the Norwegian company Scandinavian Business Seating AS. In the production plant in Røros, these rigs are used to test office seating furniture. Likewise, TÜV SÜD in Hamburg commissioned an seat/backrest alternating bending test rig and a test rig for arm rest testing equipped with the new Calmar I technology. By means of these test rigs, seat, backrest, arm rest tests and side-to-side tests are carried out in accordance with the standards EN 1335 and BS 5459.